Thursday, May 4, 2017


Your Vibe Attracts Your Tribe!

     The thoughts that cross your mind when starting a new endeavor certainly can sound like a broken record.  I've been quite nervous to start a blog and put myself "out there" for the crafting community to see.  I've been stalling ferociously.

     Finally, I just told myself to pretend I'm chatting with my crafty friends and let go of the hardness of it.  Goodness knows I can chat.  Now there's just a record of it, with pictures.  (And maybe some videos here and there).

     My first card is an homage to a Facebook Group I started with friends of mine, Stamp Junkies.  If you've not heard of us, please search us out on Facebook and ask to join.  The site is 2 years old and was started primarily due to our love of the MISTI.  We wanted a cool place to share our passion and show what the MISTI is about.  Fast forward two years later:  I've got a TRIBE of people in a crafting community including fellow stampers, business owners, bloggers, designers and friends.  Here's what I created from that inspiration.



     The beautiful red rubber stamp, Quinn Girl, is designed by Angie Blom for Unity Stamp Company.  I think she portrays my feelings behind my tribe and because I love neutrals, I wanted to make a card that nods to Unity's style as well as my own.   

     I began by pulling out my Mini MISTI and removing the black foam insert because my red rubber stamp has foam on it.  Had I been using a photo-polymer clear stamp, I would have left the foam in place.
Easily remove the black foam insert for stamps with foam

     I then stamped my image with Brutus Monroe Raven Detail Ink.  This is a phenomenal black ink that is safe for alcohol markers and it is waterproof, when dry, so you can watercolor with it as well. I love the dual purpose it serves.  In the picture below, you can see after I colored with my Prismacolor pencils, the colors fade the black ink because I can't stay in the lines.  

     Luckily, my stamp was still on my MISTI and I was able to stamp her again, right over the colored image, using VersaMark ink and heat embossing with a black fine embossing powder.





     I added some Martha Stewart Liquid Gilding, Gold, to the feathers and also splattered tiny dots around her.

     I was recently inspired by a video that showcased using fabric on cards.  I mounted her on fabric and then onto black corrugated cardstock.  My favorite embellishment was the letters spelling out Tribe along the side.  These are from Ideology and were originally black.  I painted them with the gold gilding to coordinate.

     The finishing touch was stamping the sentiment on the inside of the card.


And isn't it the truth?


Thanks for joining me on my first card posting.  I'm sure there's lots of practice yet to come.

Big Junkie Love,
Marci









 




25 comments:

  1. Awwww, so proud of you and I love the card! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Very good first submission on your brand new blog! Wish you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! How exciting for you <3 You will shine with this blog just like you have with Stamp Junkies. I look forward to stopping back and checking it out often.

    Beautiful start <3 Quinn Girl is a stamp I keep checking out but have never added to my chart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and amazing job on your blog!!!! Way to go!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first blog project. Great post. Makes me think I should get back to my blog, too. 😯

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my tribe.
    Love your post.
    Love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marci this is fantastic! And that card👀 WOW! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! So happy to see this! You are definitely my tribe. Love ya. Love your card. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your blog, well done. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your blog!!! I wish you tons of success, zillions of followers and lots of love being spread!! And your Tribe card to commemorate your blog opening is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Gorgeous.... :) I forseen many more beautiful cards to be shared here. Awesome and Shiny card and Fabulous blog layout! Love ya/Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! Your support means the world to me!

      Delete
  12. Love your card. Congrats on the blog. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful. I love your work, always have...always will!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful! Congratulations on your new blog it looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did real GOOD, Marci...enjoy the process!~My Sentiments Exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is gorgeous!!! And great pictures too, thanks for posting and showing us how you made this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I"m really going to enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Colors! Great Design.
    ♥ Monica
    Be sure to check out the link up party with lots of prizes!
    My personal Blog - Taylormadecards4u

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card. Love to see you stamping and writing.

    ReplyDelete