Thursday, June 14, 2018

My Sweet Petunia & Alexandra Renke Blog Hop





Thank you for stopping by and participating in our hop! 

I was lucky enough to be able to attend Creativation this past January in Phoenix, AZ.  This is a massive trade show for crafting companies to introduce their new products for the year.  It was there that I got to meet Alexandra Renke.  It was also there that I fell head over heels in love with her and her art.  I couldn't tear myself away from her booth.  I found myself gravitating to her corner each spare moment I got.  

Imagine my sheer delight in being able to combine two of my most favorite things in the world right now.  My Sweet Petunia & Alexandra Renke.  To top it all off, it's even better that there are prizes involved!

Before we go over the prizes, let's take a look at my project I completed for this blog hop full of talented paper artists from all over the world!  

As soon as I got my hands on this paper, I had this vision to create a shadowbox/layered look in a frame, however, I live in a very rural area and I couldn't find a frame to fit my imagination.  So, how will I create my vision with no frame?  I created packaging for a greeting card set!  This allowed me a large surface in which to cut and layer these magical papers.    

Here is my card holder that fits 6 A2 sized cards and envelopes quite comfortably.  I die cut the front and back covers and adhered them to a clear storage box.  I also created a matching tag to tie on when I give this as a gift.





This picture didn't do the project justice so I took some extra shots 
to show the depth and sparkle that really shines in person.   

Products used can be found on Alexandra's website: Click HERE 

Paper used:  Under Water Bundle 
Die Used on box:  Beautiful
Die used on tag:  Frame Rectangle 



I purposely die cut these papers so that the base layer paper, 
with the goldfish, had him gazing at the mermaid on the top layer.  
I think they're smitten.


I used a chunky glitter to accent the mermaid and the surrounding sea life.  

I used my MISTI and my Creative Corners to stamp my "For You" on my coordinating tag.




Now, on to the prizes!  

Two lucky commenters from the hop will win one of two prizes:  
a $50 shopping spree at www.mysweetpetunia.com and a 
$50 shopping spree at www.alexandra-renke.com.  

Comments must be submitted no later than Sunday, June 17th, at 11:59 pm (CST).  Winners will be announced Tuesday, June 19th, on the Alexandra Renke and My Sweet Petunia blogs.  

Please be sure to continue on the hop by clicking here  to go see Frau Pony.

Here are all the participants and I hope you'll stop by each and every one of these talented artist's blog.

Marci Snee <------Me

Thank you so much for joining us and I hope you enjoy looking at the beautiful art of Alexandra Renke and the ingenious, patented, MISTI stamping tool from My Sweet Petunia.






34 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous! I’m smitten with that mermaid as well❤️ Beautiful work Marci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great. I had a look at the paper you used and I understand how difficult it must have been to cut into to. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paper is so gorgeous. I can't imagine cutting into it, but your project is fantastic. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of these superb papers! Must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love the underwater look you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful note set. Love the added sparkle to
    the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous job Marci and I love this beautiful, soft card. The sparkle you added is brilliant and highlights these gorgeous images. Such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! It makes me so happy to see you creating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Now I can’t wait to dive into my Alexandra Renke papers! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. verry pretty. love the paper and how u cut those beautifull jellyfish out and used them, also love the marmaid with glitters..makes her more marmaidish.. stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creation,
    love the Mermaid.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Absolutely stunning card and gift tag, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous creation !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Exquisite cards! The glitter was a master stroke!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love blog hops because they inspire me to create--thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely and ethereal - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has got to be one of my most favorite cards ever! I Absolutely adore Mermaids! I love how you added some sparkle to it too! Just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful images on that paper and I love the sparkle you added!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ambiance maritime pour cette carte, on a l'impression de plonger sous les eaux !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a soft storybook look to your card. I love it! Thank You

    ReplyDelete