Saturday, November 18, 2017

Sending Prayers CAS07 November Inspiration Challenge



Welcome Back to the Calling All Sistahs Monthly Challenge

     Thanks for joining me again this month for the CAS-ual Fridays CAS Challenge.  If you caught my post last month, or if you've followed any of the other Encouragement Squad members, you know that each month a new inspiration board is posted for a new challenge.  You can use the colors that are shown or draw your inspiration from the photo.  Both if you'd like!  Here's November's Inspiration board:



    The Challenge is to create a card you would send someone for encouragement using the elements or colors on the board.  Each Encouragement Squad member posts their card they made and then everyone is welcome to enter the challenge.  The criteria to enter is here.

     So let's see the card I came up with this month, shall we?




I wanted to use CAS-ual Fridays Amber Waves stamp, seen here, since we're so close to Thanksgiving!  I love sheaves of wheat and this set has both a large and small wheat stamp.  I used the colors only from the inspiration board this month and decided I wanted the yellow as my focal color and the green and brown as accents.  I used distress inks to do an ink blending technique behind the wheat and I also added some green ink splatter.  To soften it up a touch, I sprinkled clear water on the yellow and lifted it with a paper towel after a few seconds, creating lighter spots.

I used my MISTI to align the sentiments from the Casual Comfort stamp set.  I popped up the top panel on my card base and used brown card stock on both to outline the green and white.  I think I did really well following the color scheme of the board but making it feel a little like Thanksgiving.  

We would love for you to enter our Encouragement Challenge.  Everyone can use a card in their stash to send to someone who needs it.  Why not brighten someone's day and win something for yourself at the same time!  Again, here is how you enter: 


Be sure to check out the CAS-ual Fridays Blog for the rest of the cards our Encouragement Squad came up with to showcase the beautiful inspiration board for November!  

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that you all get to spend the day with loved ones.  (And eat some great food as well).  

Much Junkie Love,

Marci



  




10 comments: