Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Just Breathe CAS06 October Inspiration Challenge

They let me come back!

Welcome back to my place.  Today I'm back on CAS-ual Fridays Stamps for their monthly Encouragement Challenge. This challenge is based on making a card to lift someone's spirits, whether it's due to illness, loss, hardship or just to send a hug or put a smile on someone's face.

Each month a new inspiration board is posted on the 18th.  You can use the colors that are shown or draw your inspiration from the photo.  Both if you'd like!  Here's October's Inspiration board:

 

Each Encouragement Squad member posts their card they made and then everyone is welcome to enter the challenge.  The criteria to enter is here.

This is the card I came up with.

Stamp sets & floral dies:  CAS-ual Fridays, Inks:  Gina K, Adhesive: Brutus Monroe

I used both the color scheme and the picture from which to draw inspiration.  The three white circles, die cut, represent the candles.  I used the Casual Comfort stamp set and matching Casual Trees Fri-Dies to bring out the floral feel in the picture and also used the Breathe Stamp set for the sentiment.  I used a dark brown background to anchor my design and then put a brown metallic washi tape along the bottom for just a pop of shine.  The last touch I added to represent the water are dew drops adhered with Brutus Monroe All purpose craft glue. Gina K's Innocent Pink and Dusty Rose inks were used for the two shades of pink.     

I hope you join in with us and create an encouragement card to enter the challenge!

One person will win a $25 gift code to use on anything in the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps store.  All products are welcome, but if you use CAS-ual Fridays stamps or dies on your card, Michele will DOUBLE your prize!!!

To enter go to the Calling All Sistahs blog and follow directions to upload your card.  Winners are announced next month on the 15th.

To read more about Calling All Sistahs and what the mission of owner, Michele, is, click here.   

Thanks for playing along and good luck entering the challenge!  Don't forget the send your beautiful card(s) to someone who could use a smile.

Much Junkie love!  Craft on!

Marci

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Marci! Can we expect another blog post/card from you tomorrow? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not till next month now! LOL...maybe I'll post more than just what I'm doing for CAS-ual Fridays.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the calmness of your card!

    ReplyDelete